BOATHOUSE DISCOUNT MARINE, INC.’S
LIMITED USED BOAT & MOTOR WARRANTY
Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc. provides a 30-day warranty with used (non-consignment) boats and outboard motors. This warranty covers the engine, drive train, and certain safety components (specific components listed below). Any item(s) not specifically listed as covered have no warranty expressed or implied. If a component is defective, it will be repaired or replaced at the discretions of Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc., free of charge to the customer. Damage caused by running aground, collision with fixed objects, improper operation (suck as lack of oil), or abuse is NOT covered. All claims must be presented to and work performed by Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc. only, transportation and/or shipping costs are not included. A copy of the warranty signed by both parties must be presented to obtain warranty service. Any manufacturer’s warranty still in effect supersedes any Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc. warranty. At Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc’s discretion, parts may be replaced with either new or remanufactured parts.
What is covered?
Safety items covered include (when installed):
Navigation lights, bilge pump(s), horn, and steering mechanism.
Outboards and outboard powered boats:
ENGINE COMPONENTS: All internally lubricated parts including: pistons, rings, and pins; crankshaft and main bearings; connecting rods and rod bearings; reeds and reed blocks; cylinder heads; and flywheel. Cylinder block if damaged as a result of the failure of a covered component.
LOWER UNIT COMPONENTS: Gearcase head, bearing, and oil retainer; gearcase assembly; drive shaft and upper bearing; shift rod and/or cover assembly, lower pinion bearing; forward and/or pinion gear; reverse gear; and shift for. Gearcase and/or propeller shaft if damaged as a result of the failure of a covered component.
STEERING COMPONENTS: Steering control gear assembly; steering bracket and bushing; swivel bracket bearing; control rack and yoke assembly; power steering pump; power cylinder assembly; and steering cable. (Steering components are covered only if watercraft and engine are purchased as a package.
SEALS & GASKETS: Seas and gaskets are covered for those components covered by this warranty.
Inboard powered boats:
ENGINE COMPONENTS: All internally lubricated parts including; Pistons, rings and pins; crankshaft and main bearings; connecting rods and rod bearings; oil pump; camshaft and bearings; time chain, gears and/or belt; rocker arms; valve push rods; lifters; valve cover(s); cylinder head assemblies; Engine block: only if damaged as a result of the failure of an internally lubricated engine component. Intake Manifold; Exhaust Manifold (Risers, riser gaskets and pipes are excluded). Flywheel; harmonic balancer; oil pan; engine mounts; distributor housing; shaft and bearings only.
INTERMEDIATE HOUSING COMPONENTS: Intermediate or adapter housing; transom plate; upper gearcase; upper gearcase housing; U-Joints; U-Joint shaft and bearing; upper steering bearing; tilt bearing and lower steering bearings; shift bellcrank.
LOWER UNIT COMPONENTS: Gearcase head, bearing, and oil retainer; gearcase assembly; drive shaft and upper bearing; shift rod and/or cover assembly, lower pinion bearing; forward and/or pinion gear; reverse gear; propeller shaft or shift fork. Gearcase if damaged as a result of the failure of a covered component.
STEERING COMPONENTS: Steering control helm assembly; control rack and pinion and yoke assembly; power steering pump; power cylinder assembly; steering wheel and coupling; and steering cable.
SEALS & GASKETS: Seals and gaskets are covered for those components covered by this warranty.
This warranty specifically does not apply to:
1. damage caused by abuse, negligence (including improperly tightened bolts or nuts), water injection, submersion, vandalism, lack of maintenance, corrosion, improper storage, accidents, overloading, or unauthorized repairs;
2. any statements, representations or warranties given by dealers or other third persons other than those as provided herein;
3. any additional damage incurred after the owner’s failure to notify Boathouse Discount Marine, Inc. of a defect within thirty (30) days after discovery;
4. any unit which is part of a rental fleet;
5. consequential damages including with limitations (but not personal injury): loss of time, inconvenience, towing charges, expenses for travel, lodging, telephone charges, loss or damage to personal property of loss of revenue;
6. any and all damages caused to the manufacturer’s, dealer’s or consumer’s boat or personal property on or attached to the boat from any cause except trailer failure;
7. any altered or modified boat, outboard, or inboard; and
8. use of the manufacturer’s or dealer’s product in a commercial application without the express written approval of the manufacturer make this warranty null and void.